MacTube® is a geotextile container used for:
- Building coastal and river structures for erosion protection
- Dewatering a wide variety of wet slurries, wastes, and sludges
- Containing, dewatering and reusing dredged material
MacTube® geotextile containers are constructed of high-strength woven geotextile fabrics that are extremely strong and durable with sewn seams that are up to 33% stronger than any competitor's product. Manufactured in a sand color to blend in with its surrounding, the geotextile fabric is woven in rip-resistant weave pattern for maximum resistance to damage.
MacTube® containers are easy to install, both above and below the water surface. As a "soft" armored structure, it offers minimal impact to the environment while providing a cost effective alternative to "hard" structures.
MacTube® geotextile containers can be used in the design of several types of coastal engineering structures:
- Revetments - to protect against erosion of shoreline adjacent to existing buildings.
- Groins - installed perpendicular to and extending out from beaches to restore or protect beaches.
- Breakwaters - installed parallel to beaches offshore to restore or protect beaches.
- Dikes - constructed to form a containment area in which to pump dredge spoils and can also be used for land creation.
- Dune Cores - to construct an artificial dune that will subsequently be covered and revegetated.
- Reefs - installed offshore to replace natural reefs.
MacTube® containers offer maximum versatility and ease of use for all your dewatering needs. They are a cost-effective alternative to the belt press method of dewatering sludge and eliminate the need for expensive capital expenditures for equipment. By using MacTube® containers for dewatering, you can increase the efficiency and reduce dewatering time.
Dredged material can be easily contained and disposed of, or reused, using MacTube® geotextile containers. Placing and constructing geotextile containers is simple and cost effective with minimal impact on the environment. Plus, the extremely strong, high-strength woven geotextile fabric provides increased confidence in material containment.
N.B. Some products are 'non-stock items' and will need to be ordered.
Back to Products list
Follow us on:
Telephone: +44 (0)1865 770555
Fax: 01865 774550
Telephone: +44 (0) 1738 621317
Maccaferri (IRL) Limited
Telephone: +353 (0)1 885 1662
Telephone: +44 (0)28 9026 2830